View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #14
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I have no idea how that would work. As far as i know it's the address that are what is important not your name. At least in the states I talked about on my previous post. Thouse I have experance with. In thouse states the addres on the license, and the vehicles all have to be in the same state and in some cases in the same county. Both of my autos and the Montana are in our trust but all registered in AZ. Again don't ask me how I know about that.

When we lived in Georgia my middle son got thrown in jail for having a Ca drivers license with a car he bought in Georgia with Georgia plates on it. The fine was over a $1,000.00. The dumb s***t did not want to give up his CA license because he was going to move back to Ca in a year or so??.

Again guys I am not an expert on this just have represented several clients who got caught up with this with the state franchise tax board or the DMVs. And just so you know I am not a lawyer so don't take what I say to the bank check with one. Not your friend, nor the guy next door or heavens sake your insurance agent.

I can't tell you how many times I have had new clients sit at my desk with letters from the IRS and tell me "well my friends said I could deduct that".
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote