View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
To the OP, I feel your pain. Our problems have not been as serious as yours; however, there have been many. We have a 2009 Montana we purchased last year, new off the dealer lot.

Our concern is with the lack of care the "little things" were put together . . . what about the "big things?" The major things that one cannot see?

Subpar construction/QA/PDI combined with subpar service has resulted in our fixing many things ourselves and/or just living with them.

Stripped screws, rough edges causing tube seal splitting/tearing, missing bolts, insufficient/poorly done roof caulking, a short "somewhere" in our landing gear that no one has diagnosed/fixed - to name just a few - are minor, replacement of shower head, kitchen faucet, fireplace, defective docking light, phantom leak in the basement with no apparent pattern or origin - minor, yes. But again, I'm tired of beating my head to a pulp getting one thing fixed only to have that have lead to something else being discovered . . . We just last week had more things repaired/replaced and we're done for now.

Being a cancer survivor, I'm a fighter, a Warrior; however, I'm tired of the stress of dealing with service people/dealers.

We love our Montana and hope that these are just humps to get over and that we have many years of a reliable rig. At this point, however, we expected a better quality unit. We purchased a Montana because of its reputation for quality, reliability and durability.

Keystone has been helpful to a point, but only after I said "I really don't want to have to go Lemon Law on you."

Certified/registered letters, emails and phone to offices of CEOs at Thor Industries and Keystone received no response, so good luck with that.

That's my rant and rave.

Cheers and good luck!
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote