View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #14
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I can't speak for the others, however, I would think you would want to meet all, or, at least, as many of your possible uses you could put your 5er too. List them, prioritize and quantify them and then find the one that fits. It may or may not be a Montana. In may case, I want sq. footage, a big desk and as complete access as possible at all times. I purchases the 3575RL. It had a 6ft desk, three slides and around 380 sq ft. I have complete access to everything in the 5er at all times, except the dresser when closed. I don't have to worry about whether my 5er is opened up when traveling.

Also, I don't think you need to look at all the 5ers out there before you pick the one your want. For example, in my case, no large desk...no buy. That got rid of about 60-70% of all 5ers. It had to have at least 350 sq ft...that required multiple slides and at least 35ft 5er. That got rid of some more. And so on. I got to admit that this self-analysis is a real pain, however, if you don't do it...you will either be unhappy with your unit or trading it in within a year or two...and that could end up costing you $10-20K. Take your time. If the preliminary data on the 3485 doesn't fit what you want, forget it and go on to the others. If you aren't sure and have no time pressure, wait and give it a look. A couple of months could make a world of difference.

This analysis is not really any different that you would use when you are buying a house...and you would make sure you would do the analysis.

Oh well, just my two cents. Any change?
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote