View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This question is much like asking which is better the GMC or the Ford. No matter who responds the answer will always be the same. If you just look at their signature and you will see staring back at you. 99% will more often than not recommend what they already own. Ego does not allow us to recommend anything we don't already own.
Having said that, I would like to point out the obvious and that is everyone above that owns a 3400 and has coincidentally recommended the 3400, Well DUH. With few acceptions, most all of those that have negative comments about the 3485 have never seen one up close and personal because it is that new.
As far as the "We previously had a 5er with the shower and toilet in a small room. It was hard to get dried and dressed in that small area." Maybe in SOB (some other brand) but I am well over 300 pounds and having been in a 3485 I did not see any such problem drying off in the bathroom area.
Unless you do a lot of cooking you will come to find that huge counter to be a huge waste space and as you said it cuts access to the rear. Plus you still have the additional weight of the 4th unnecessary slide.

There was an earlier thread showing pics of the 3485 but even these pics do not do it justice.
I have been in the new 3485 and infact will be buying one come January. I would strongly suggest to you that you make NO decision until you have seen each rig personally.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote