View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 AM   #26
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
On a related note, on inspection of the water tank I was alarmed to find that Keystone uses lightweight rivets to hold the fresh water tank straps in place!!! I am rather concerned that those rivets are not substantial enough to hold the straps, particularly when you consider the weight of a full tank of water!!! There is only 1 rivet per side on each strap as well! I will absolutely not be traveling any substantial distance with a full tank now that I know what is holding that tank up!!!!!! I strongly advise anyone who routinely travels with a full water tank consider looking at how their tank straps are secured!!!

If I ever have to replace the water tank, I plan to replace the straps with 1" square tubing with mounting plates on the end that I can use at least two bolts thru the frame on (most likely weld SST bolts in place so they are easy to install/remove). At the same time replacing the corplast with aluminum sheet would be a substantial improvement and allow for access ports to be installed where fittings are located. Obviously this would be overkill for the factory and many owners but I am one of those handy guys that likes to make improvements as I go.....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote