View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Our 2018 has the exact same problem as the OP. I was concerned there was a leak and took the corplast down to take a look. The problem is that Keystone installs the tank up against the floor and as such there is no room on TOP of it to install the vent line where it should be. Instead they install it on the side and on the discharge side of the vent line is on the same level as the top of the tank. In other words, the vent is NOT above the level of the tank which means that water easily flows out of it!!!!

I will have to study on it a bit but I think the fix would be to add a short "snorkel" extension to the vent line to get it higher on the exterior side of the frame....... If I come up with something I will post pictures.

FYI for HC 380/381 owners. The vent, fill and sensor fittings are all on the drivers side next to the frame. You cannot see the tank by taking down the back wall of the pass thru but you can see it if you remove 3 or 4 self tapping screws on the corplast where it makes the front drivers corner after the frame makes its drop down.... The tank drain valve toward the front is the center of the water tank for additional reference (the corner I am talking about is to the drivers side and just forward of that valve). Also note that owners of the 381 will have a second drain valve behind the tank drain which is the low point drain for ice maker line.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote