View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 06:23 PM   #1
Montana_203
Established Member

M.O.C. #203
OnThe Road Again Thursday

Well it's almost time. We have been getting the fifth wheel ready, truck, etc. Since this is our first trip in the Montana we are still trying to decide what all to take. So much more room than we had in the TT.

On the 8th, Thursday we will leave for Davidson River Campground in the Pisgah National Forest in NC for 4 or 5 days on our way to the Alleghenies and our summer managing job at Dewdrop campground. We have three couples back from last season so they all know the ropes and we'll have a ball. We're already planning our bi-weekly get-to-gethers.

In NC we will get to visit with family and many friends with the Cradle of Forestry who we host and manage with. One of our dear friends(couple) is managing Davidson River this year and I am sure they are doing well. They have never managed a 161 site campground before though so I guess it is a learning experience for them.

Many of our people have changed campgrounds this year. We probably will do that next year. Maybe Texas or Virgina or maybe one of the several campgrounds we have in NC. Wherever we are we expect to have a great time. Staying in National Forest Campgrounds is like real camping. Of course only the hosts and management have hook-ups but we're there too long to boondock.

In fact if we get ready quicker maybe we'll just leave a little early. This 90+ degree weather is really getting to me. We have been in the 90s for several weeks now. My pool temp is 80 and it usually doesn't get there until late June. That's how I know it's so much hotter this year.

Grace and I surely hope each and every one of you have a great summer. Since we don't have a phone line at our campground my time on the net will be limited. I have to go down to our sister campground 6 miles away to get a phone line and use my laptop. Oh well, I guess we must suffer a little for this great life.

If any of you get to our area this summer, look us up. Take care.

"Have Trailer—will travel"
1999 Montana 3255RL
1999 Dodge 1-Ton Dually w/Cummins 5.9TD
Montana_203 is offline   Reply With Quote