View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
We live in ours most of the time even though we still own a stick house. We opted to take out the 2 recliners and got one larger one and have put both a sml fridge and freezer in place of second recliner. We have dual pane windows and some of the RV parks we have stayed at have been close to a highway and this has been nice since I am a Travel nurse and work nights sometimes. Have 2nd air, fantastic vent a must esp in kitchen wish I also had in hall and bathroom. Did not get high gloss gel coat, wish I had, Did not get slide toppers and glad I didn't I have seen a lot of wind damage to these and have seen where people have had to rig them to keep rain from pooling in the center. would love the window awnings though, wish my awning was electric, Have an icemaker sits on top of the 2nd fridge, No generator but have two large ones that can fit in the truck but for convenice sake may get one in the next or I would really like to go solar. Got a slide out tray, DH loves it. We also have the usual rugs to cover and protect carpet. If You don't like rugs for cover you might try the clear plastic film that is sticky on one side, can find it at camping world or Lowes, and use in high traffic areas, the carpet wears fast and does not perk up after cleaning too well. I recommend getting the spongy type shelf liner it really helps keep things in place, an electric frypan and I couldn't live without my electric roaster oven. Great for cooking large amounts at Rallys. You may want to purchase shelves to add for storage. I have some under the sink to increase stoarage space. I also place dishtowels between all my pots and pans, they travel better. I agree that you just need to live in it for awile and decide what you absolutely need. I also do a cleaning once a year, stuff that I havn't used in one year goes out. Hope this helps.
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote