Thread: Frame Flex
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:18 AM   #25
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Thanks Orv,

I have been watching but no other signs of frame flex.

I had to repair my bedroom slide for water intrusion but that had nothing to do with frame flex, but I will test it IAW this thread.

I have already filled the crack to keep water out but I will be trying some fiberglass repair soon and or cover it with a strip. The front portion of the frame is in excellent condition but I noticed only three spot welds on one side and four on the other. Does not seem like that is enough. But my rig is light. About 8500 dry and 10500 loaded for a long trip.

When my slide mechanism broke down I feel that the slide was putting too much weight on the foward part of the frame. The crack and breakdown occured at the same relative time. My slide on this older Dewald system lets the steel rails that are bolted down in the center of the bedroom absorb most of the weight of the slide. In other words the slide appears to almost float above the frame. When the water intrusion destroyed the connection to the Dewald assembly the slide dropped so it rested completely on the framing. The connection was good enough to extend and retract the slide. So I think that with the slide resting on frame with full weight caused the crack. Time will tell. Posted all my Pixs on the forum.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote