View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
Leak led to poor construction

Well it all started with noticeable delamination in the left rear corner of the 2010 montana Mountainer. I removed the interior cabinets, wall board and insulation. To start with there was almost enough fibreglass insulation to fill a grocery bag, not impressed. Saw where the leak originated which was in the corner where the back meets the side.removed the remaining wet and soaked bcking from the fibreglass. Next I found the screws that hold the ladder four for each support that two of each support were only in The fibreglass and two were in the aluminum studs. There was a piece of 2x6 attached to the stud but in the wrong channel.this is the case for all three supports. Next noticed the wires, both 12 volt and 110 volt wires which ran through the top plate in four locations that two locations were through a bushing and two were not , only through the drilled hole in the aluminum top plate which is rough and totally against code.
Then notice screws in the lower cavity which hold the wall to the frame were backed out or broke off which I think is the latter.
Fix is to put wire loom on wires, a backer for the ladder support screws and change them to SS, secure wall to frame (not sure how yet), and ridgid insulation and fianaly 1/8 birch plywood and paint the interior walls (all). Oh by the way there was2x6 pieces in the wall between the studs that the upper cabinets we’re screwed to and they were not secured the studs...
Anyway I when I get done it should be better than before.
Joe
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote