View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robin,
I don't have a problem with purchasing the air card. My problem right now is a contract with Southwest Bell(AT&T) for dsl at the stick house. Once that contract is over with I will get the air card. I may just bite the bullet and cancel the contract.

If you have call forwarding, you don't have to give out your cell number. I just call forward the stick house number to my cell. I can do that remotely when I'm on the road, should I decide to transfer it to my son's house or anywhere.

I have not had any solicitation calls on the cell phone. I do get an occasional one on the stick house number, but immediately tell them to put me on their "do not call," list. They have to have a list. It's the law. Of course, all bets are off on political advertisements.

Also, those that don't want their cell or stick house listed, would not have to sign up for it.

If there was a web page with phone numbers, all a member would have to do is "save page as," and it would be in their computer for easy reference. Whenever they get "air time," they could refresh and save the page for any changes.

Anyhow - it was just a thought and it would be up to the administrator to set something up like that. What RV Wheels posted indicates that it will not be done soon, if at all.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote