View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Doug, those two group 24 batteries are probably 75 amphr batteries...so you have a total of 150 amphrs. But if you don't want to shorten the life of the batteries, never take them down below 50% capacity on a repeated basis. So what does this info get you... The Samsung draws 3 amps max on 120vac, which means that inverter is using approximately 35 amps at 12vdc...which is 35 amphrs for every hour of power on time if the fridge is drawing max power. My guess is that it averages out to be more like 25% of that or 8-9 amphrs. So with no charge coming in to the batteries, your safe battery drawdown would be 75 divide by 9 or 8 hours of travel time IF the tow vehicle washing supplying what it can to the batteries. I would love to know what the experience is from users with residential fridges that have the capability to log battery draw from the inverter....even if it is only that the inverter readout gave me the battery voltage after a travel day of XX hours. I have installed the Samsung this last fall and will be towing out of Florida without any means of powering the fridge as I haven't had time to install an inverter yet...so I will only be able to see how much temperature changes after a six hour tow period. Hope this gives you some help to your question.