Thread: phone service
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #15
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
All I can say is we've had AT&T for more years than I can recall. Today I'm paying for two phones and a separate hot spot (battery on that lasts a whole lot longer than a phone!) with a 20GB plan. We don't use that much data when at home and the roll over stuff works very well - we've at 50GB now and will have more when we hit the road in June. Monthly bill has been right around $160 for over a year.

As to coverage; back when I was working in telcom, this was a big thing. Today it's next to nothing unless you live in a dead spot - which we actually do as far as AT&T goes. About six years back they GAVE us a broadband phone extender as they had no plans to put a tower in our back yard. Interestingly enough, today we've three to four bars most places save our basement.

In the past six years, we've been from Virginia to the South East, South West, the California coast, the North West, through Michigan to Ontario, through New York to Quebec, NB and back through New England and very, VERY seldom not had coverage. There will always be some place nothing works, but overall I all I believe is shop for your best deal and ignore the hype.