View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #10
Simpson9508
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
Can a guy have sat tv in bedroom an living room off same reciever? I understand it would be the same channel as living room. Just wondering if that's possible or do I need 2 receivers?
With our 3790 I am using a VIP 211 receiver. I was able to rig it so I can watch the same satellite channel in the bedroom. I bought a coax splitter that is able to send signals in both directions. (Not a cheap big box store splitter)BAMF 2-Way Coax Cable Splitter Bi-Directional MoCA 5-2300MHz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0113JAN8K..._IWjnzbR8Q13VG
Behind the living room tv I disconnected the coax from the wallplate marked CABLE. I connected a 1 ft piece of coaxmto that connection. Then the splitter. I reconnected the coax that was connected to the wallplate to one side of the splitter. I connected another piece of coax to other side of splitter and to the OUT connection on the back of my receiver. I set the switch on back of receiver for channel 3. What this is doing is back feeding the satellite signal into the tt cable tv feed. I then set up bedroom tv to watch cable and when I tune the tv to channel 3 I am picking up the signal from the satellite receiver. I also bought a repeater and extra dish remote so I can change the channels on the satellite receiver from the bedroom.
Simpson9508 is offline   Reply With Quote