View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bad Moon, thanks for the advice. I'll have to go find a PUC scale (whatever that is), then use it when it's not open for business, which is what you're implying. I hope I don't get in trouble going in somewhere after business hours. There used to be a moving and storage company down the street from my house that charged only #10 and I could weigh whatever I wanted, during the same visit. Unfortunately, they sold out to some other private business that doesn't allow the public into the back where the scales are located (I actually asked and they said, "sorry, but No").

I do try and weigh separate axles so I can manage front to rear axle weight. My rig had a difference in that the rear axles are typically lighter meaning I carry more weight at the front of my rig. I do know how to weigh and calculate pin weight. Nothing wrong weighing both axles together, unless there's an overweight reading or it's close and you want to ensure one axle is not carrying too mush weight versus the other axle. I can't imagine this is easy for three axle trailers, or finding discrete tire weight for trailers that have duallies. Yes, there are some, I have seen them.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote