View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:56 AM   #11
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Glenn, Once again you have got the numbers wrong. The reprogram actually improves fuel mileage numbers by 1 to 2 MPG NOT the other way around. I've got the experience to prove it on the 2003 Duramax. The improvement numbers are so significant as to be WITHOUT DOUBT.

And again, the warranty issue is simply a matter of risk reward. In a previous analysis I demonstrated the economic risk is something like trivial whie the reward is excellent rewarding both the head and the heart. Having said that, some will not have the stomach for even a tiny risk regardless of the reward. I'm one of those people whose stomach rarely argues with either the head or heart. Each of us need to accept that others are made up of different parts and honor and respect the differences.

As to jumping the fence, I have to wait and see. I have sold my 2003 LB7 Duramax and have a 2006 LBZ on order. the 3 was a 2500HD while the 6 will be a 3500DRW. There are enough differences that I plan to get used to the new truck prior to trying an after market programmer. Part of the reason is that the Hypertech provided so much extra performance that one could get in trouble when running empty. That is, there is so much raw power it is possible to out drive the truck style suspension. The new LBZ has the same power and torque output as the LB7 with hypertech (or the LLY with Hypertech). So, I will analyze all of the possibilities and decide whether to get a new programmer to provide even more. (My criteria FWIW is I want to be able to accelerate from 70MPH with loaded trailer attached. and I want 12 to 13 mpg when towing at 65 mph.)

Finally, what ever side of the arguement one is on it pays to remember the advice of Boss Kettering "Logic is a systematic way to go wrong."
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote