View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 AM   #5
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
My 2001 3280RL has the "D" range tires also. Other than uneven wear and some locked brakes (flat spots)when I purchased the trailer the tires had held up fine. I replaced two when I redid the suspension and had it aligned. I talked to the tire shop about the "E" and "D" rating etc and he said the "E" rating is usually on the "ST" (trailer) tires and has to do with sidewall stiffness. The "D" tires have more flexible sidewalls but still have ply ratings that handle the 6000 lb load per tire. He sees lots of big units with the "D" tires.

My 3280RL weighs 11910 loaded (unhooked) and the pin weight is 2680 with the trailer axles carrying 9230 when hooked. Rides smooth and nothing moves inside while towing. Well except for the time we forgot to check the fridge door lock after the grandkids opened it. Just happened to stop after about 30 miles to get something out of the trailer and found the fridge door wide open and some food on the floor. Nothing spilled and only a few items had hit the floor. NOTE TO SELF Double check the fridge door locks and be last one out of the trailer before we move.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote