Thread: 3295RK awning
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Gyro, looks like you have the same basic situation as those of us with the 3295RK. It is not the best of worlds, but certainly livable, especially when you consider how many positives there are to the unit. As an aside, the campground host when I was camping last week lives between Pensacola and Milton. He went home most of the time we were camped, but when he returned, he said the area had 14 inches of rain—a little more than we have experienced here. He indicated he had NEVER had soggy ground as he lives on a hill, but water was standing at his house. In SE Alabama, I suppose you are catching many of the same storms.

Parrothead and Steve, those are the kind I have been considering. About strapping down the awning, the campground host I mentioned above had his strapped down like you suggest. Two days while we were camping, the winds were very bad. While the rest of us were rolling up our awnings at ungodly hours his rode out the winds while he was home in Florida. It definitely caught my attention.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote