View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Steve and Vicki,
As you may remember we spent a few days in the Glacier area this past Sept. We were on the west side of the park. Once you get to the Kalispell area there are tons of RV parks. We stayed at a park very near the west entrance to the park. I think the name of the town was Hungry Horse. The park name was Mountain Meadows if I remember correctly. A very pretty park. There were many big rigs parked there. But the park is on the side of a mountain so the interior roads are a bit up and down. When I first saw our campsite I thought there was no way I could get in and even if I did I didn't think there'd be any way to get it out..... but I was wrong as usual! The site was beautiful and relatively easy to get into. Also when ready to go we simply backed out a bit and pulled thru another site and had no problems whatsoever. We'd stay there again if we go to Glacier.

But we hear that the east side is a really nice place also. Our next trip to Glacier will be on the east side. We understand it is also a bit less crowded.

By the way they had the main street in Kalispell completely torn up when we came thru. I assume they have completed construction by now but don't know. There is a road to the south and east of there that will get you to the park. I'd take that and then come back to Kalispell to do any shopping.

Good luck and enjoy. You'll have to tell as all about it when you get to Reno.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote