Thread: 340BH is junk
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire_Hazard

The Lippert 3.0 is junk, unable to level, so trim falling off, causing problems with fridge panels falling off, replaced hinges and added shim, still having problems. Front A/C won't stop cycling off every 30-60 seconds. Toilet won't seal. Breaking system keeps disconnecting. Doors won't stay closed in transport. Fridge wont pull down to 50 unless its in the shed. 59-60 is the best I can get if parked outside.For a 75000.00 sticker price I wish I could have my coachmen back. 9 times at the dealer since the end of April and they made a couple trips to the campground. We upgrade every 3-4 years and Keystone/Montana will not be on our list. You got me once, you will not get me twice!
Don't know how hot it is where you are at or how humid it is, but you can expect 10-15 degrees max difference from outside temp to inside. It is an RV and not your home. I would try leaving fan on "hi" and not on auto.

The toilet seals tend to dry out between the time it leaves the factory and the time the unit is actually sold. Lubricate and clean it good and after each use make sure a little water is in the bowl, which you can accomplish by barely holding the flush pedal down. I fought mine for a couple weeks but finally it started sealing correctly.

We found out the hard way that before banging down the road (putting our fiver through an earthquake) we needed to use Velcro wraps to keep all the cabinets secured. We still do that with our MH which seems to ride better. I figure that is just part of RVing.

The issues you are describing you will probably experience with some of the $50,000 fivers out there and some of the $150,000 fivers out there. Just my opinion.