View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 05:26 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Okie dokie.

Let's see if this foggy formatting exhausted mind can add further confusion to this. If you are not laughing, that was pre-coffee humor at it's worst!

daytripper099, I do indeed have your bio and photo (nice by the way). I did have it recorded as Palmer, not Drake. No matter, WE GOTS YA!!!

Max- Pat McFarlin and Ben Taher , I have the bio, working on the photo, thank you, will be in touch via email.

The rest of you, I do not find, yet, in my email. Seriously friends, the sooner the better, or you will have no bio and a funny looking graphic that says no photo available. Since we got a late start this year on all things rally and since the rally starts a few days earlier than last year (my deadline has been moved up), it's getting a bit stressful here at the computer. I'm doing the best I can, please help.

Did I ever tell you about the first book I published, wayyyyy, back in 1997??

It was a family history book. I worked on it from January 1st to mid July. Family reunion was just a few days later. I worked on it for 10 to 15 hours a day, every day. Yep. Every day. I actually had a pain in my thumb from moving the computer mouse around so much. DUH.

I spell checked every page, EVERY STINKING page!

The ink was still wet and hot when we delivered the books at the family reunion. My eldest son, the one that holds a doctorate (in Physics), picked up his copy, opened, started reading and within 5 minutes found a spelling error. Hey, MOM, didn't you spell check this??

Lesson learned - - there is NEVER enough editing time. Lesson two - - there WILL be errors in everything you publish. Lesson three - - try to LAUGH it off and pray your reading public will laugh with you and not burn you and the book at the stake.

It was a humbling experience I have never forgotten.

NOW, where are the rest of these bios??

See ya at the Rally, with my humble hat on, it has bling, lots of bling.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote