View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:41 AM   #8
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

My bicycle rack (Allen brand) came with bolts that will secure it to the factory installed receiver both 1 1/4 and 2" and it is totally movement free using the appropriate bolt instead of a pin. I also installed a piece of 1" aluminum angle from the bicycle rack to the ladder attaching it to both sides with stainless u-bolts.

We are full-timers and have carried 2 adult aluminum framed bikes (Townies) on our rear rack with no problems regarding movement.

BTW my rear receiver is factory mounted to the frame.....not a bumper.

I think that is the big difference, you have the factory installed receiver, and that's made for that. I had the bumper mounted receiver and rack on my old unit, by buddy behind me said it was rocking a lot. On my Monty, I didn't try it, I called Keystone and they said NO WAY. SO I leave myself, too, trying to figure out a solution. I thought about the ladder racks, but a lot of people say they have issues with those. I don't want to modify my pin box, I think all that is left is my roof. For now, its just 2 adult bikes, I can still fit the kids in the storage up front, but when they get bigger, they will have bigger bikes....
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote