View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ozz you can get better tanks if you google around you will find some manufacturers. they are not cheap. The tanks part # is on a tag on the tanks or on the tank itself in orange marker.If you give the service center your VIN they can also provide the part number.
Some dealers or repair facilities may get creative enough in their paperwork and reporting procedures to get the Extended warranty companies to pay for a better tank but many of them also know what the part numbers are and what they cost so they may not get away with it. All None OEM parts like flex tube on the input and bracing under the tank was on me. Keystone has started to put better one piece tanks in the Montana but we were told at the rally they were NOT interchangeable.

My latest black tank failure was my fault I filled it to capacity in fact it started to come up through the john. It did not just fail it exploded....boooom split all along the top were the two pieces are glued together. Lesson learned...pay attention to what you are doing and do not become distracted.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote