View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #12
Chipf2
Established Member

M.O.C. #13493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Kind of sounds like you may need to invest in a tire monitoring system. Won't comment on the brand of tire you had blow out because I won't start anything here on the Forum to cause an uproar! I've put on the Goodyear G614's and have had no problems at all. They look like they are brand new yet and have put on about 12000 miles on them. There is some wearing on the outside and inside tread but that is the way they are made and are suppose to look. I keep mine at 105-110 lbs and check them with a laser temp gauge when I pull over to make pit stops, fuel or rest areas. I also check them prior to leaving and when I stop for the night to see if there is any damage from the road while going down our great highway systems across the US.
Rondo, I chose these tires as we use them for our horse and cattle trailers in rough ranching country in West Texas and they have been the best we and the dealer have experienced. I will not buy Goodyears due to continuous tread separations with their Load Range E SRA tires. I had 5 tires separate on my truck (2012-2500HD)over one year, and Goodyear would only minimally prorate each tire.
I monitor each tire on a consistent basis-Temp & pressure. We travel about 20,000 miles a year cross country.
Chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote