View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #10
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I had the same thing happen in my 01. Yes it appears hot melt glue.
My issue was one of the rear cabinets over the recliners. Then I got to looking at the rest of them.
If you use your fingernail it will come off and break into a strip of old glue.

Like everyone else here has said. Use clear Silicone sealant. GE is one mfr. You can find it at any hardware store or big box store.

I started by removing the old corner glue and putting a dab there. After this cured I then went back and did the horizontal and vertical sides. Remember these doors hinge up for the most part and you don't want to take out too much old glue at once unless you have removed the door and lay it down on a flat surface.

The bedroom ones need attention also along with the dining / sofa area. Don't for get the vanity mirror. It was the third one that was completely unsafe.

While you have the silicone rubber out. Remove the interior trim from the frosted glass on the entry door and silicone that also. Has me how I know what is next to go wrong.

Happy traveling
Chris

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Our ole Heritage RV, Tana, purchased June 2003 is starting to have the glass fall out of the interior doors.

Does anyone know if that glass was "glazed" in with a special hot glue?? It looks like hot glue, and it looks rather "yellow"ish.

This is NOT your ole fashioned glazing from mega years ago. (I am like talking dinosaur old, ya know??). This is not that rope glazing.

If you know what this stuff is, do you know a source??

TIA