View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
We have a 2015 Montana 3611RL with the Samsung fridge. Ice marker works fine, once you turn the water on in two places, one is behind the drawer under the range, and the other is under the kitchens sink. We did have a bunch of frost in the freezer, but found that the door doesn't shut and make a good seal until you push it shut. No more problems since that.

The mounting pulled loose from the wall is the only other issue we had which I fixed myself.

We don't use the inverter supplied, we have the disconnect in the power off position. The inverter will shutdown if voltage goes over some limit, which my solar panels will reach while traveling. So we don't use it at all. See my blog March entries in my tag line for more information on my installation.

Also one battery will only run the frig for 8-12 hours max. I can't tell you if the truck will supply enough power while traveling, since my solar panels are supplying my DC loads.

Our unit sits in storage without power, so I go and turn it on one to two days before we are going to leave and turn it on in the morning. I have run it a week without shore power, just to make sure I had enough solar power for boondocking.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote