View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
Biggjb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9851
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by capn chris

Or, borrow someone else's cord to isolate/confirm your cord problem?!
The campsite has been very helpful. A rv technician came by today and we 3 hours taking my 5th wheel appart to find the problem. We have ruled the shore power as we connected to 3 other pedistals and it did not solve the problem. We disconnected the converter and we still had the same problem. Wechecked the power cord and the twist lock socket on the trailer and all were as expected. He then went back to the trailer fuze panel. With the 5th wheel plugged into 50 amps he measure 247 V on one side of the 50 amp breaker and nothing on the other side. This measure was take while connected to the ground. He then took the same measure while connected to neutral and both sides of the 50amp fuse each measured 120V. He thinks it could be the switch installed whenI asked to have the 5th wheel wired for a generater. He says those relay switches sometime short out. The generater relay switch was added by the RV dealer I bought my 5th wheel from. He could finish the work but will return tomorrow to solve the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem with those relay switchs? I have never installed a generater so I'm not sure why I asked to prep my 5th wheel for one.
Biggjb is offline   Reply With Quote