View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Reading about your heater problem prompts me to post this for all concerned. We went on a trip over Christmas in our previous enjoyed Monty 2955RL. I have recently replaced the analog thermostat with one of the Hunter digital types. Right before we left home I ran out of propane in one of my tanks. This tank was being used for the heater when it ran out of fuel. I took the tank out and went and got it fueled up. When I returned it to the Monty and tried the furnace again, the furnace would not come on. I did the usual thing of getting the air out of the lines by using the burners of the stove. The stove worked fine, but furnace refused to work.

I looked closely at the thermostat and discovered that it has a real tiny hole for resetting the thermostat. After finding something with a point that would fit the tiny hole, I reset it and the furnace re-lit and it worked fine the rest of the trip. I don't have any idea why it poped the resit switch when it ran out of propane, but it seems that that's what happened.

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote