View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
I had a similar problem last year. I also replaced the thermostat with no luck. Talking with the tech at the RV supply store I found out that quite often the wiring between the thermostat and the #1 A/C won't talk to each other. That will shut everything down.

If you remove the filter grate from the living room A/C you will see a modular connector similar to a phone connector except these are not wired the same as a phone connector. The wiring is reversed in one of the connectors. There will be two of them if you have two A/C units. One of them will be coming from the thermostat. The second one will go directly to the bedroom A/C. If neither A/C works usually the cable from the thermostat is faulty. You can check this theory by making or buying a replacement cable and hooking it directly from the thermostat to the living room A/C unit. You should be able to run the Living room A/C and the Bedroom A/C.

I cleaned up my cable a bit with a stiff fine bristle brush and some WD-40. When I plugged it in it worked fine and gave me no problems the rest of the year.

I hope your problem is as simple.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote