View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I went to the website and thought that the surge protector offered was really pretty slick. However I also thought it was a little pricy, but worth every penny if it were the only option.

On my stick house, I have an "all house surge protector." Now, I have also been concerned about surge protection since I recently experienced a near lightening strike that cost me about a $1,000.00 in losses (of course, before I bought the surge protection). I asked the folks at the electrical parts house where I bought the one for my house. "Will this work on my RV?"

Answer: "Yes."

"How do I wire it up?"

"Wire it into the line just before it enters your converter/inverter."

This device is manufactured by Intermatics and I payed $55.00 plus tax. My plans are to remove it from the stick house and put it on the Monty when I sell. You can check it out here: http://intermatic.com/?action=subcat&sid=138. Here's what they say:

Quote:
quote:Residential Whole House Hardwired Tranmsient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS)protects AC power. Designed for 120/240 VAC single (split) phase. Installs using a 15 or 20 ampere 2-pole breaker. Two single-pole breakers may be used. NEMA 4 rated enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation. Product has 5 year warranty as well as $ 10,000 Connected Equipment Limited Warranty for appliances and electronics.
The usual disclaimer applies here, i.e., no stock, not an agent, no fiscal interest.

By-the-way, I did have those strip surge protectors, but they did not protect.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote