View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurryii

Has anyone bought from Simple Tire .com? They advertise G614's for $317.99 plus shipping, my shipping would be $21.59 each plus $20 to mount and balance. Some what cheaper than a local dealer at $382 total. Do you think going with a local dealer is worth the extra $112 on 5 tires would be a better way to go? Also having trouble locating dealer who Lug centric balancing, local say maybe he could, he would have to see wheels.
My son in law always buys tires over the internet and has had great success. Recently two tires were destroyed when a curb was hit. The internet tire company honored the road hazard warranty but what a PITA. Just the waiting for the new tires to arrive then getting them mounted and balanced. Not bad mouthing the company because they did everything they were suppose to do but not sure the hassle was worth the savings. With two destroyed the vehicle was out of service while we waited for the new tires. I mostly try to deal local just for the convenance and like to support the local business people. Also like having someone local to go to when there is a problem particularly on large purchases even though I realize a tire can fail anywhere. Just my 2 cents, Jim