View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #50
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Put it on the CAT scale.

I weighed the trailer without the TV and the landing gear on the pad for the TV's rear axle. The trailer did not exceed any of the published weights listed on the side of the trailer.

Then I weighed the TV.

Then I put the entire rig on the scale and I spent several hours arranging my load between the TV and the trailer to get the weights correct.

When I reach a total weight of 23,300 lbs I am very close to my TV’s front axle weight limitation.

This puts the trailer 500 lbs below its GVW rating and the TV within 50 Lbs of its GVW rating and the entire rig is 200 lbs below the TV GCW rating.

The conditions at the time of weighing.

TV loaded with all the items I believe I need to safely handle an on the road emergency like flat tire etc, two passengers, two dogs, and all of the road atlas and camping guide you know the “stuff” that just seems to collect in the TV, and full fuel.

The trailer had all of the “stuff” we need for our travels including the cat and my wife’s model trains and a full tank of water.

This was weighed when the trailer was 1 year old.

I weigh every time we are load to got the events my wife likes to go to with her train. That is when we are at the heaviest weight.

These things just seem to gain weight as you go along. LOL

Without the train we are way under the weight limitations.

The CAT scale tells all.

The state of Florida Supreme Court put the motor vehicle in the “Dangerous Tool” category many years ago. You have a “serious” accident in the state of Florida while over weight is a felony the same as accidently shooting some with your gun.

For this reason I am very careful of my weights.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote