View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 02:39 AM   #21
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Speaking of satellite connections...This weekend I mounted the dish on a portable clamp affixed to the rear ladder on the 3685. I know the cable connection works in both the livingroom & bedroom. When I hooked up to the SAT connection in the living room I ran a cable from the inside connector to the SAT receiver then the "white cable" that ran from the ANT plug-in to the SAT out connector on the receiver. Viola---SAT TV in the livingroom. Took the second receiver we had and ran from the SAT outlet in the bedroom to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV---no signal---nada...! Then i stated thinking (this is where I get in trouble) and wondered what the second cable in the entertainment conter with the green tape around it was for. Had a mental melt-down---could not figure out what it was for. Of course, the "owners manual" was of no help. I think either they did not hook up the bedroom jack or I goofed up the connection "up front". Anyone have any ideas? The roof antenna connections work in all locations, the cable jacks work in all locations, but only the SAT connection works in the livingroom. My oldest son told me "I'm not a Cable Guy---I only do sound stuff" (he's right, got the TV to run through the surround sound system). So, what is the second coax cable for that runs into the antenna jack area next to the entertainement center really for---green "marker tape" and all?
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote