Thread: Faucet
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Great memories, Bingo and jsmitfl (off memory and he thinks)! And you are both correct, only if assuming Ugh has the same faucet fixture!

Ugh, I've got the same year and model and guessing we may have the same Moen handle, it's a 3/32 Allen Wrench (hex wrench) behind the red/blue plastic cover near the base of the handle. First, make sure the water is off! Then pick a sink and aim the faucet spout into that sink - I use the sink immediately under the handle. Then I pushed the handle all the way back to clear any remaining water and for easier access to the work area. Next, put the drain cover in place! Be slow and careful prying off the red/blue plastic so it doesn't get mangled too much and keep it some place safe after it comes off. Then you only need 3 to 3.5 full turns of the allen wrench to clear the stem the handle attaches to. The handle should pull upwards. Mine was real hard to pull up because of scale and other crud holding it in place but the allen nut WAS free of the stem and I finally got it off. Since the allen screw is still in the handle, I reinstalled the red/blue plastic so it doesn't get lost.

I am not that good with memory either, but I know this because I am in the process of taking my faucet apart to check for a leak when the handle is moved too far in one direction. Yes, I know, I know, just don't move it that far, but others using the faucet don't think so fast even when you warn them. So I'm doing a mild overhaul to clean and repair the faucet. This became a problem recently when we had a collective RV Birthday campout with two rigs, 7 grandkids and grandnieces and grandnephews under the age of 5, and about 10 of our kids and their spouses, three aunts and cousins and one great grandma. 5 out of seven of the grandbabies birthdays are in August. Yup, it was quite a party and EVERYONE wanted to "test" out" the rigs and all their doodads including the faucets.

What a coincidence - not only on how to take the faucet apart, but the rig types. My rig's faucet is a bronze finish on tan/beige speckled Corian, how about yours? I hope you just need to tighten the allen screw and be done.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote