Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #11
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

I wonder if it was an option and the floor model Montana we bought happened to have Corian.

In our unit the whole countertop and sink are of the same material from the range surround to under the cabinets, to the sink to the other end of the countertop. I'll look again because their might be seams where several pieces might be glued together, but I believe it's all Corian.

Does Corian crack, too? Were any of the sinks that are reported above that cracked, made of Corian? Better yet, can anyone report what material was used for those sinks that cracked?
I bet if you look close at the underside of your sink and counters, you will see they are a fiberglass like product. Montana used that material in the RVs from 2001 until 2009 (or so). They then started using Corian counters with fiberglass sinks. The sinks are white in color (the counter tops are brown-ish) and are underslung (mounted to the bottom side of the Corian counter). The counters have a Corian emblem in some years (2011/2012 for sure) and not in other years. But it is easy to tell if it is Corian, just look at the underside. It will have a smooth surface unlike the rough fiberglass used in older rigs.
I'll take another look tomorrow, but our Corian counter top/sink is just like the one in our stick house; all one piece. Has the corian emblem as proof. Not an underslung. It's an 09 Big Sky, so maybe Corian was std on that series.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote