Thread: Battery dead !!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bad battery? Dealers install the batteries after the rigs are sold. Who knows how old or good this battery was sitting in their shop. I've sparked a battery at 10 volts and that's considered dead so to me that's not a reliable test unless the battery is completely dead. I think the most accurate way to tell if a battery is good is to measure with a VOM. The subtle readings of a VOM can indicate so much more and you're gonna need one to trace any issues.

The disconnect is still supposed to allow landing gear, slideouts and brakes to operate. I don't know about the stabilizers. What kind of time period are you talking for the drawing down?

Whatever it is, this seems like a warranty issue and you don't wanna delay things too much. Get it back to the dealer for analysis. That is, if you bought it from a dealer and have a warranty.

BTW - your sig shows a 6.2 liter in your 250 Ford. For diesel, I'm only familiar with 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7. Is that a gasser? I don't know engine sizes for a gasser.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote