Thread: need heads
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think the question is regarding the fact he had to replace the head gaskets and is hoping for no problems.

Head gaskets should be a rarity for replacing. But if the head gaskets are replaced the truck should be good to go whether or not they were replaced if the work is done properly. There have been some reports and I get plenty of Lawyer invitations to join class action lawsuits to Ford about the 6.0 PSD motor problems including head gaskets but I haven't had any major problems so right now I think like racerjoe.

Even though I have the 6.0 PSD, I still try and take it easy, towing under 65, cruising at about 62, watching the turbo gauge, using cruise control only on flat highways and minimizing jack rabbit driving. I just don't want to have any problems and would do this with any vehicle. I've driven from San Diego to Washington state over to Montana and other trips to the Northeast and Southeast. No problems here. I've towed other trailers from where I live to parts of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah and Arizona and no issues so far.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote