View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
Greg, The 38/357 is very popular for many reasons. It's inexpensive, low recoil, readily available (normally), easy to reload and there are lots of guns chambered for it. I reload all my ammo. Before I did this I bought reloads from a local vendor. If you can find one locally talk to him, if not there are several that advertise in the Cowboy Chronicle. I use SASS Rugers in 38/357 and like them a lot. My rifle is a Cody Matic Winchester 73 clone in 38/357. I have two 12 ga. shotguns, a Winchester pump and an Ithica SKB double. I tend to use the double more. There are a number of manufacturers that make good guns. You should attend some shoots and talk to the participants. You will find that most will bend over backward to be helpful and will probably let you handle their guns and may even let you take a shot or two if you're lucky. I would STRONGLY suggest you resist the temptation to buy anything untill you have really done your homework and know exactly what you like and want. Way too many new shooters buy equipment that they soon find out is not appropriate and they end up buying a second time. Again, the best thing you can do is go to some shoots.
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote