View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Let me address the first part of your quwstion.

After i had problems i decided to measure the current going to the one venture motor landing gear. Insurge (Start Up) current was 58 amps. Yes i said 58 amps for the initial start surge. The run current would vary between 28 and 31 amps.
Side Note: The Manuel Switch on the control panel is stamped with a Max rating of 20 amps. It feeds the motor directly, not though the remote controller board. I would also check the wire size coming from the switch to make sure is is rated high enough for these currents.
About putting the dual motor landing gear on your unit. DC motors DO NOT run synchronous. In other word one will run faster or slower than the other and unless you install dual switches, one for each motor you could end up out of level and one motor taking more load than the other. As i had talked with the enginner at Venture about some issues, he had warned that one motor could run as much as 5 percent faster than the other. We had a nice enginnering talk about some things.
The additional problem is the current rating carried by the Remote Control board and the possability that maybe some of the relays might not be heavy enough to carry the load and you end up buring a contact. I The lable on my Control board fell off and i was able to see the manufacturer of the relay and its rating. I won't even tell you what i found, but it wasn't good.
To solve my problems i designed an overlay relay board for the landing gear that piggy backs the Remoter Control board to take the load and reduce voltage drop going to the motors. It also takes the load off the manuel switch so that the toal load is handled by the overlay board.
I gave someone at the rally the design drawing, but i can't rememeber if it was John Kohl or who.
If you would like PM me with your E Mail address and i will e mail you the design sheet for the board along with the wire breakout for the switch.

Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote