View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
NCFischers wrote:
Quote:
quote:

Do you think the ducts were crushed at the factory or are they collapsing from air flow?
These “ducts” and I use the word loosely, are a channel created by the insulation in the roof and the ceiling in the unit, the material is like a heavy aluminum foil, it is not metal at all. One would assume this would be fastened to the channel area created for the duct in some manner, however it is not, which allows it to significantly restrict the flow of air. The pictures were taken with the AC off, when I turned it on there was no change in the restriction that I could see.

My AC still works and does get some air, but not what it would get if these were clear and open thus reducing the efficiency.

Lasater, I am not looking for perfection, I however expect reasonable quality control and workmanship, if that were present at “all” times there would be fewer problems.

When I joined these forums, I went back and read hundreds of posts, there were a myriad of issues put forward and discussed, there have been a very large number of people that have addressed quality control and workmanship. Because someone else had brought forward an issue, I and others have been able to identify the same problem on our own units, that is why I joined the MOC, that is why I posted the pictures and alert to the problem I have with my AC. It very well may be isolated considering the amount of units made, however you may not even be aware of it unless alerted.

At some point Bingo I also hope to be completely satisfied with my Montana, as well as that of my dealer and Keystone’s response to my problems. I am not there yet, and continue to find problems that I did not expect when I purchased what I hoped would be my final travel home.

I really thought the MOC forums, among many other things, was a place where we could identify problems we encounter with our Montana’s, in the hope it might alert others to a possible problem they might not realize they have. I have had SOB's and don’t care about them, my interest now is in my Montana and getting as much enjoyment out of it as possible, for as long as possible.

Richfaa, I went looking for this problem because I had been informed by another Montana owner that he had the problem with his AC. In spite of the problems I was/am sold on my Montana which I certainly consider to be an expensive investment.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote