View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #24
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Purchased new multimeter and battery charger. Unhooked battery and tested the conveter: 121.6 vac coming in at receptical, 13.69 vdc with no lights on coming out, turned lights on and they were bright, then converter fan attempts to turn on making a humming noise and immediately vdc drops to around 5.5 to 5.7 and lights dim, the more lights on the dimmer each one becomes. Checked the new battery and had 13.11 vdc, attached new charger and indicator showed 96% charged. As a side note charged batter to 100%. Just a guess here, but possibly the switching for fan motor is shorting, or fan motor itself is hanging. I have noticed the fan motor coming on occasionally with no unusual noise. I checked the vdc on wall near battery at red covered junctions and both were at zero. The battery apparently is getting charged when hooked to TV. Still need to somehow verify current is moving through wires from fully charged battery back into the Monty, but got to stop here and make a scheduled appointment. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. The battery maybe getting some charge from the converter at times of no unusual noise, but the humming noise appears to be the issue. There maybe some other stuff I have missed that others can help with, just let me know. Thanks in advance. Garry
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote