View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

I noticed the last post (#50395) you didn't find by the Search tool either. That was the one I was looking for (as it turns out it is pretty much worthless). I knew the post was recent (Aug. 2, 2012) so I limited my Search to the last 60 days. No Hits!!!! The six posts you found via Search (same search words as what I used strangely enough) are all over two years old. I was looking for the recent one and the Search tool doesn't find it regardless of search words or time frame.

One wonders what other postings are missed by the Search engine? The technology for Key Word Out (or In) of Context (KWOC) is over 40 years old. You would think ForumCo would gave figured it out by now.
You have to decide when you use the search engine whether to search on current posts or archived posts. There is a check box to do archived posts that will exclude current posts if checked. I do agree it's not the most user friendly search engine I've used, but not the worst.

However, you are correct. I typed in Roof Vents (the exact title of the post) and it didn't show up under current posts no matter what I tried. I'll let the web masters know.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote