View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
There's obvious RFI (radio frequency interference), which is a problem with the LED, but it sounds like there possibly is a bad connection in the antenna cabling or it's getting in through the antenna or the power cords.

You can buy a filter that goes on the tv and entertainment center power cords, at Radio Shack.

I think that first I'd make sure all the antenna cable connections are tight, though. Next, see if you can find a real strong local signal and turn off the amplifier. If that fixes the problem, then the amplifier is getting overloaded by the interference, either through the antenna, the cabling, or the 12 V power lead.

If you have an indoor antenna, try connecting that directly to the tv and put it somewhere well away from the RV. If that fixes things, move the antenna into the RV to see what happens.

That should help narrow down the source of the problem (short of replacing the LEDs). I'd still consider putting the interference filters (also called chokes) on all the power cords, including the dc power to the amplifier (just good technique).

When all that fails, it is time to get a portable am radio and start "sniffing" for the source of the interference.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote