Thread: Glacier NP?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
tyler bustos,
If you like boondocking then try one of the CGs inside the park. We were going to stay in one on the West side of the park but don't remember any of the details. I remember one of the MOC members was hosting in the park but ended up leaving early due to health problems. So we know there are CGs that will handle our rigs but since we ended up NOT camping there I cannot recommend any of them. We did do a drive thru and the one we visited was nice and we could have gotten our Monty in without any problem.

We ended up staying in Mountain Meadow RV park in Hungry Horse. Nice park and we would stay there again. I think it is about 7 miles from entrance to park on West side. And I know a number of other MOCers have stayed in this park.

Ron I would also recommend the KOA (reluctantly; Only because we don't like to pay their rates) if you're staying on the EAST side of the park. Another park that we would consider on the East side is the one sort of across from the KOA that is up on the side of a hill. If you get a site with a view you're looking right out at the Park. I think it is called Johnson's or something like that. They have a cafe at or near the entrance to the park that we would recommend. A very basic but good food place. Very Western style if I remember correctly. We were also advised that there was a pie place not too far from the RV Parks right on the main highway. We did not manage to make it to that place (can't imagine why not )but I believe Steve and Vicki Reigle recommend it highly.
Good luck and have fun. Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote