Thread: Gestapo?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
I have been a member of this forum as well as a few others for a few years and never in all that time discussed anything that would deem being closed down . I know that talking about certain subjects is Taboo and as such I thought I had always kept my post RV related and in good taste , I would certainly apologize if I felt that I had done something wrong or if I said something offensive , however I cant apologize not knowing where I have over stepped the boundaries.

The MOC has come under fire many times on other forums for censorship by the administrators, and my experience on this forum has never been anything but positive . The people are knowledgeable and friendly and of all the other forums I participate in this has been among one of my favorites.

I posted my comments in what I felt was the correct category , and without any name calling , politics , or sexual banter, so what is wrong?

Many times there are threads that dont interest me so I dont read them....no problem . So my question is why would someone want to close a thread that falls within the guidelines as per the forum rules.

I know that there are those that dont think that a weapon of any kind is necessary to live in our society much less in an RV in the middle of the desert or along some of our highways and thats fine , I see no issue with that if thats how they want to live . I am as many others a realist and see that there is a real need to be able to protect my family as well as my property in the event of a violent crime, or in the event of a threat to one of my pets while taking a walk .

What I find a little troubling also is that the post was bad enough to close , yet not bad enough for the admin to send me a pm explaining why ? If it was the result of another poster to the thread then delete his or her posting not the whole thread .

Well folks at this point I guess I will suspend my participation on the MOC and wish you well. If this is all it takes to have a post shut down it is sad. Have a Merry Christmas....oops will probably be closed down for that politicaly incorrect statement . Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote