Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #15
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dpam

Tim, sorry your having some problems; I assume you took your 5th wheel to a Calgary Keystone Dealer, if you don't mind me asking --which one? We had our 3150 RL at the factory in Goshen at the end of July, and I saw their Service Center operation. They had montys with their slides taken out of the body of the trailer and a few where they took the whole front end of the trailer apart. I asked the service supervisor if major repairs are common, and he said the type of required repairs varied, but they were not an unusual thing. We were travelling to a wedding in Ontario, so I thought Goshen wasn't that far out of the way, so I booked an appointment at the factory to get some problems/defects corrected. Our warranty expired March 2011 and the Goshen appointment was July 25th 2011. Keystone told me they will fix every problem I have because I made them aware of it before the warranty expired. I am very pleased with the service I received in Goshen. I believe Keystone also has a Service Center in Oregon, but I'm not sure of the location. If the dealer cannot fix your slide problem I would contact Keystone and see if you can take your trailer to Oregon ( its a lot closer than Goshen).

Just my 2 cents worth. Hope things get resolved

The trailer is at Guarantee RV who at first were very cold when they saw that I didn't buy the trailer from them and went further to say I have to pay the bill out of my pocket and submit to Keystone for reimbursement. Perhaps that's why it sat on their lot for 2 weeks before looking at it... They are much more pleasent now however.

I did contact Keystone about paying out of pocket where they told me they are not supposed to do that but there was nothing they could do about a dealer doing that... Keystone then gave me an email address to submit the dealers report and bill and THEY WILL DECIDE then whether or not to cover it! But that was said when it was thought to be out of adjustment.

It's too soon to think that the unit would have to go back to the factory or was it even suggested... In fact it's not an option for me because I still work for a living and there's no possible way or would I take the time off to haul it the 6000 miles round trip or even Oregon for that matter.
08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote