View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I am not referring to AAA insurance which I don't have, but the AAA road side service, in California, beware of AAA roadside service. There are counties with varying service policies and interpretation of provided service. The San Joaquin areas are notorious even within AAA road service offices for terrible service. I have a niece who works for AAA elsewhere and has transferred to other CA offices and confirmed this and has no desire to work in any San Joaquin Valley service center because of what she's heard about how they're allowed to run things.

I found this out when I needed roadside service for an SOB trailer's flat tire. I had already replaced one and was out of spares when a second tire went out. When I called for help, the first comment was "Do you realize this is Memorial Day weekend?". I won't go over the long details but I ended up unhitching and driving 120 miles round trip to get two new tires and get back on the road. They never called. When we got back from our weeklong trip, I cancelled them even after over 20 years with them.

So even if printed that they would provide service, they didn't in this case. I was able to take care of this myself. Good thing is was only a flat tire. It's not just the insurance policies you must check, but roadside service, too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote