View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I've only been on this road once in either direction but not towing. I was in my empty truck in one direction and moving my brother's stuff with a completely full truck bed in the other direction. THIS is the fastest road I have ever been on with the amount of traffic it carries. I've been on fast Interstates in Texas but there was nowhere near the amount of traffic.

In Oklahoma, it seemed the average speed is about 90mph for everybody even semi-tractor trailer rigs! The slowest things on the highway that I could pass were trailer rigs and a lot of them tried to keep up, but they probably lingered around 75 (I would never drive past 65 even now). These were about the only things I passed or some old beater car that wanted to chance it. There is no lane control so I found myself keeping up with semis all the time since the slower trailers prompted the trucks to stay in the faster lanes.

In Missouri it wasn't as bad and maybe that's why the road is in so much better shape. Even though it's toll road I'd do it again. At least I know what to expect.

And the Missouri rest stops are some of the best I've ever seen and had some of the nicest and friendliest attendants and guests on our cross country trip!!! We stopped at four different ones in Mo. and all of them were great. Every other state's rest stops, people pretty much stuck to themselves.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote