View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I couldn’t pass her up!

I went to the Ford dealership today in Ashland, KY for some spare parts to have on hand. This dealer is about 30 miles from where I live. I drove across the river into Ohio going to the dealer and also returned on the Ohio side; most of the time we will simply stay on the KY side but the Ohio side is usually quicker with fewer lights.

On the return trip while driving the F-350, in a cool drizzling rain, I saw a stopped car with the flashing lights on. A woman was walking away from her car with a gas can and carrying a baby. She was going to have to walk almost a mile to the nearest station to get gas. She wasn’t trying to stop anyone for help but I couldn’t pass her in the cold rain with that baby and be able to sleep tonight. I pulled over and backed up and offered some help. She accepted and strapped the baby in the back seat and we went to a station for some gas. We talked a little and she got gas for her car. The car started ok and she and the baby went on their way.

Someone helped me Friday so it was the least I could do when I seen this situation. Like ddettorre stated “Many things in life aren’t coincidental…” glad I was able to help someone else.

Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote