View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The parent company Magne Shade produces a very nice product. Although their web site supports motor homes, I'm sure that Roger and Clare will help you out. Since they cannot get on this forum for viewing, drop my name if you call them.

As for Magne Shade, no drilling, no holes, and on my SOB it takes 30 seconds or less to install the front window screens. These screens are truly UV protectors and will block about 90% of the UV rays. As stated, they are held on by magnets. For my full windshield I have 5 magnets along the top, and originally 1 at each bottom corner. Subsequently we installed one on each side half way down the side, in the middle. The magnets are held on to the inside by a very strong 3M adhesive. The screen magnets are sewn into reinforced pockets in the screen. The upper pockets have a reinforced split in them for a fiberglass stick to slip into. You just push the stick up to the top of the window and the magnet will click into place against the other magnet. You "slide" the outside magnet up to the inside magnet. These magnets are about 1" in diameter, and bout 1/2 inch thick. They should not interfere with anything on the inside of the window. If, however, you do not want to stick them to the window, you could have a two person operation where one on the inside holds the magnet against the glass and the person on the outside puts the screen in place one magnet at a time. Be warned, these magnets are extremely strong and of you get two close together without the glass between them, they can, and will, pinch your finger and give you a blood blister. (Ask me how I know, and ask Earlene how she knows.) If you do stick them to the window, the first time operation will take two people and maybe 15 minutes of time. You would position everything in place before pulling the sticky back off the tape and semi-permanently placing the magnets on the inside. Do tell them how high it is to the top of the window from the ground so a proper length stick can be had.

Roger and Clare have been great people to work with. Ask them about the windshield wiper covers, and the mirror covers for the truck. Also, they have designer fabrics if you want to go that route. For information purposes, the dark screen is the most protective against UV rays, and the designer screens will be less so. These are the typical "see out, not in" screens.

Happy Trails.

It's as simple as
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote